GUIDELINES FOR OUR ASSEMBLIES DURING PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
We’ll be observing the following practices to ensure the safety of everyone who attends our assemblies. These are based on the Governor of Mississippi’s “Safe Worship: Guidelines for In-Person Worship Services” and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith.”
Until advised by officials that there is “minimal threat” of spreading the virus:
- Beginning Sunday, May 31, 2020, we’ll assemble in person on Sunday mornings only at 10 a.m. We’ll resume in-person Bible Classes, and Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services at a later date;
- We’ll hold all handshakes and hugs until later;
- We’ll also observe social distancing by sitting in every other row of pews;
- As you arrive, please pick up in the entrance area the pre-packaged communion items you’ll need for the service, and place your donation in the collection plate. No trays will be passed during the service;
- Hand sanitizer will also be available, and those who prefer may use masks or other precautions;
- As an additional precaution, please sanitize the restroom after each use with the provided wipes and spray.
If you haven’t felt well, have spent time with someone who hasn’t felt well, or have any concerns about risks, then you’re expected to stay home, recuperate and stay safe.
Devotional resources are available on:
Let’s continue to “love one another fervently with a pure heart” (1 Peter 1:22b) until the public health crisis has subsided.
Resources concerning this medical crisis can be found here: coronavirus.ms.gov; the State of Mississippi Department of Health website: Mississippi Department of Health: COVID-19 and the Center for Disease Control website: Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Disease 2019